Quilt & Top Guidelines
We have very few requirements for our Quilts4Vets. We want your creativity to shine through and each quilt to be totally unique.
Use your imagination — from the beauty of the most simple, basic patchwork to an intricate design we love and treasure them all.
Here’s the simple checklist:
• Register with us so we’re connected. Register to make a quilt.
• Make a pieced patriotic quilt or top, which may include panels (see examples below and you’ll get the idea)
• Size in the range of 50×72, the minimum size is 45×55 inches. We want the throws to be long enough to cover the vet’s legs and chest
• Use quality, quilting cotton fabric for top, back and binding
• Include a note to the veteran (you will not have their name) and tell them everyone included in making the quilt/top if more than one person is working on the project
• Include your name, address, phone, email address and Facebook or Instagram username, for instance FB @quilts4vets in the quilt when you send it to us.